Thursday, May 6, 2010

What I'm Watching...Currently...


There isn't a laundry list that I'm watching regularly at the moment. Some are among my 'usuals', but I do have a new addition to my viewing list.

'Happy Town' is two episodes in and has me hooked. It has a nice blend of mystery, offbeat characters, and the qwirky and supernatural. My kind of fare. It features an ensemble cast with several people I've seen over the years here and there, and some immediately recognizable folks - Sam Neill (mysterious, somewhat eccentric, swave and de-boner older english gentlemen who owns a movie memoribilia shop in town (called "The House of Ushers"...cough, cough) and has the old ladies at the local boarding house swooning over him), Steven Weber (son in the wealthy Haplin family whom the town is named after; they run the main business in town that creates the cheif source of jobs and revenue...the bakery); Abraham Benrubi (owns the local cafe, and...screech!...that was me putting on the brakes). Sam Neill you'll remember from any number of things...he's been around for a bit. Steven Weber you'll probably remember best as one of the Hackett brothers on the sitcom 'Wings' (which I will reluctantly admit I enjoyed upon occassion). Benrubi you might remember from two shows I watched regularly...he manned the front desk on 'ER' for most of the run, and he owned the bar on 'Men in Trees' (still bummed that got cancelled...I really dug it). This show fills my main criteria when selecting something to tune into every week. I'm entertained by it. Anybody who's watching 'Lost' might want to jump onboard since that is about to end. It's not really like 'Lost', but it does fill my 'weird/odd' quota for the week. 'Happy Twon' has tremendous potential and, as I said before, so far it has me hooked. If you want to give it a go I suggest starting with next week's episode. Things have happened and will be quicker for me to recap...each episode heaps more on. Since I just mentioned me 'recapping', I'll be happy to do so if you start watching. Now, since I mentioned 'Lost'...

I've still been toughing out these final few eps of it. Figured they were going to have to start killing off the candidates soon, and so they did. The ones that got the boot weren't surprising. Throughout the seasons...well, they were featured quite a bit, but you could tell they weren't the 'main' members of the ensemble. It appears to be somewhat obvious as the last few eps have aired who the last few standing will be. Really don't want to go into my theories about the outcome because it'd take awhile. I will say this...I think the final four will be Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and Hugo. It's been obvious that there is a 'good vs. evil' deal going on. There is some speculation as to whether or not Jacob is evil, which is pretty funny since that same actor is playing Lucifer on another favorite show of mine, which is...

'Supernatural' is pure entertainment. Looking forward to tonight's episode. Hmmm...will Bobby sell his soul? I'll find out soon enough.

'The Ghost Whisperer' is still up there. New episode tomorrow night. Looking forward to that.

'Stargate Universe' is still in my rotation.

Still watch 'The Big Bang Theory'. It's just a real hoot!

There is more I'll be watching in the near future, but I won't put in the typing time until it's on. Me finguhs is kinda numb...

No comments:

Post a Comment