Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mellow Mental Musing.



"The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain."
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


"And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow."
~ G.K. Chesterton


"Rain is grace; rain is the sky condescending to the earth; without rain, there would be no life."
~ John Updike

________________________________________________________

As promised by the weather reports, today has been filled with rain. At the moment it's coming down pretty steadily...heavy, but not too heavy. Of course when it comes to me and rain it can never be 'too heavy'. It can pound the earth as hard as it likes. Well...as long as nothing catastrophic happens (i.e. flooding the condo).

Rainy weather has always elicited a Zen-like state in me. It's as if it creates an alternate reality where the creative sectors of my brain are spurred to life, and a sense of calm descends. It is my ultimate stress reliever. I know the rest of the stress inducing world is out there, but...at the moment I'm rubber and it's glue...if you catch my drift.

No comments:

Post a Comment