Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hippity Freakin' Hop...


I used to get into the whole Easter deal when I was a kid, as most do. I guess. Mainly it was an excuse to eat chocolate until I passed out in a sugar coma. Of course, there was an extreme mania that preceded the coma state. I'm sure my mom would have loved to stuff me in the closet for a few hours until the hyperactivity stopped, but it probably wouldn't have helped. I would have found a way out...bwahahahaha! Think the egg decorating was more up my alley. I've always been a bit creative. Any excuse to draw or paint. I did get better at not cracking the egg shells as I got older. Even with hard boiled eggs, that can be a problem with young'ns.

I was thinking today that I've never really looked into "why eggs on Easter", or for that matter, "why a rabbit"? I'm sure at some point in the early years of school, we might have gone over it. Don't remember if we did. Decided to do some internet searching, so I paid a visit to Wikipedia. For the most part you can find some usefull stuff on there, but some of the stuff I've read has been suspect. Thought everyone knew that anyone can write stuff for that site? At least since Colbert dropped the bombshell on his show. Read what they had to offer, feel I know why now, and it was close to what I had predicted anyway. To put it in simple terms, eggs and the rabbit signify rebirth. If you want a much broader explanation here are the links:


Moving right along...

Here at the condo on Bull River Bluff, life is pretty much status quo. I took a trip up to the Kroger (our local grocery monger) for provisions. Got some cow for dinner. Cow's good. Would have replenished the stores of beerage, but Georgia law is "no sell-ie the beer-ie on Sundays". Now if someone can explain this next bit to me, please do. You can't go into the store (grocery, convenience, or otherwise) and purchase beer to take HOME and drink, BUT you can go to bars and drink your fill (or more) until midnight at which time you might drive home while intoxicated? How does that make sense? I don't get it. I've been told that the Georgia state governor said that the law was in place to "make people schedule their time better". Think that guys' bulb flickers more than most. Anyway, even though I'm glad to be out of Los Angeles, I did get acclimated to certain things. Like being able to buy booze any time, any day. 24/7. Oh well, I'm not a booze hound or anything. I just don't happen to find that law to have been created in a logical way. Par for the course, I suppose.

The agenda for tonight includes cow for dinner, followed by a trip up to "The Islander" for a few beers and a few games o' pool. No bunnies or chocolate eggs involved. Ain't that the spirit...?
Happy Easter.




No, really. I mean it...




No comments:

Post a Comment