Monday, April 13, 2009

Ah, The Rain...

(Taken from the screendoor on the porch...it was coming down pretty hard...
didn't want to get wet.)

__________________________________________

"Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." (author unknown)

"The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain." (Longfellow)

"There will be a rain dance Friday night, weather permitting." (George Carlin)

"I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain. What a wonderful feeling, I'm happy again." (Arthur Freed)

"I think fish is nice, but then I think that rain is wet, so who am I to judge?" (Douglas Adams)

"Don't threaten me with love baby. Let's just go walkin' in the rain." (Billie Holiday)

________________________________________________________________________


It started raining today. Over the weekend, the weather 'people' kept saying that it would. Low and behold, they went against tradition and were right for a change. I've never put much stock in weather reports (and their reporters) cause most of the time they never seem to get it right. Glad they did this time. I was in need of a good rainstorm. One with heavy rainfall and thunder. Glad to say I haven't been disappointed.

I'm feeling rather mellow, as I usually do when there's rain about. I find it very motivating in many ways. May actually get a little writing done this evening. (But don't go looking for Ripley's phone number yet...the evening is still a bit young.)


No comments:

Post a Comment