Thursday, July 22, 2010

Another Hot One...




It's a warm, sunny morning here in Savannah. The passing of the night was spent wide awake, and surfing the net. If it wasn't for the Internet, I'd have spent the night surfing the TV channels longing for something other than an infomercial. Oh well...another day has dawned, so moving right along...

Since I'm always looking for a reason to take pictures, I decided to walk over to the marshes and see what the sun was up to. It hadn't been up for long. It was quite beautiful ~ big and orange with some interesting clouds around it. I never get tired of photographing the local scenery. It truly is beautiful no matter the time of day or the weather.

Saw the doctor on Monday. Was the usual check-up...took a lot of blood this time. Checking my thyroid, and this time he's getting my cholesterol checked. He said it was "a little high" the last time I saw him, but then he added that since I have thyroid issues that can cause some weird numbers...whatever he means. I'm concerned that he's gearing up to tell me to quit my PTU (thyroid meds) again. He had me quit them a few months back and I had some issues...my thyroid enlarged a little, and I didn't feel 'right'. So I went back to the clinic, ended up seeing a Nurse Practitioner, and started a small dose until I saw the doc a few weeks later. The first time I tried to convey to him just how trepidatious I was about stopping my meds...being in the hospital because of a thyroid storm that almost killed me has a little to do with that (cough, cough). If he tells me this time (as he did last time) that my thyroid looks good, so lets stop the PTU ~ I'm going to bring up the fact that my thyroid might look good BECAUSE I'M ON the PTU. Pffffttt...I dunno...we'll see...

I've decided to not pursue my idea for an online writing project. I've done some looking around at various free hosting sites, and info on blog sites...nothing is safe enough. Not to my liking anyway. The Internet isn't governed by much, and the idea of someone pilfering my work is not okay with me. Oh well, I'll just redirect that energy into my book. That's where it should go anyway. I need to focus all my creative energy on one project. Avoid feeling mentally fragmented.

Crap...one of my ocular migraines is starting up. I'm going to have to wrap this entry up. Have more to prattle about, but it'll have to be for later. I'm having a lot of these damn headaches lately...sigh...

1 comment:

  1. Migraines suck, end of sentence. I'm not amused that most of mine are caused by low pressure systems (referring back to the pain caused by the same in your previous blog post). I love t-storms, too.
    -Sandy

    ReplyDelete