Monday, September 6, 2010

They're BAAAAaaaaaaaack......


It's been roughly four months since my last sighting. This vehicle was a tad smaller than the last, and the confederate bikinis were now displayed on a single plastic torso instead of the two headless manikin bodies strapped to the front grill of the last truck. Not as many versions of the 'Stars & Bars' could be displayed, so it didn't have quite the same grandeur that the last display had. Still, they had a couple of 'winners'...one with Hank Williams, Jr's mug in the middle (I couldn't make out the writing encircling his head...expect it's something that would make any redneck proud); another with the word "REDNECK" scrawled across it...well, just take a gander at the picture. They're all there for you to see for yourself. Can't be sure, but that looks like a big fish on one...giving a redneck nod to bass fishermen everywhere. I, of course, didn't get close enough to view all of the wares they were selling. After all, I was the chick creeping around in a truck snapping pictures...maybe they'd think I was competition? Don't think they'd act too kindly if they felt someone might be trying to horn in on their business. In addition to the prominently displayed bikinis and flags, I'm pretty sure they would have a variety of shirts, lighters, and belt buckles. Items for the discerning redneck. Gotta love the south...

I expect they'll be back again since the gift giving holidays are just around the corner. Maybe next time I'll venture over for a peek...and some close-up shots...

No comments:

Post a Comment